LCR Combined Authority are looking for projects that can deliver community-led employment support for the Liverpool City Region, funded through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund.
Minimum Award: £0.5m
Maximum award: £1m
Application deadlines: 5pm 12th January 2024
INVESTMENT PRIORITY: PEOPLE & SKILLS
The UK Shared Prosperity Fund (“UKSPF”) is a central pillar of the UK government’s Levelling Up agenda and a significant component of its support for places across the UK. The three priority areas under UKSPF are:
- Communities and Place
- Supporting Local Business
- People and Skills
Investment Priority – People & Skills
Under the priority area of People & Skills, £3.35m has been allocated to deliver the community-led employment support strand, which will be delivered through a call for projects.
The types of activity they're looking to fund are (but are not limited to):
- Engagement with economically inactive and socially excluded individuals to understand challenges into employment.
- Support economically inactive and socially excluded individuals to help them to access key worker services and employment.
- Tailored support for individuals that could include personal coaching, confidence building, CV writing, interview techniques, work searches, identifying suitable jobs within sectors and understanding training and development requirements for such job opportunities.
- Working with LCR partners such as Jobcentre Plus and employers to help individuals identify future career opportunities which could lead to sustainable employment.
- Focused support for young people, inactive women, people with disabilities or people from minority ethnic groups
It will be important for applicants to demonstrate how their project aligns with key strategic objectives for the LCR and as outlined in the Liverpool City Region Plan for Prosperity and the Social Value Framework (please see the Supporting Documents Section of the Application Guidance for more information on this).
Consideration of alignment with other city region wide programmes should also be demonstrated. All bids must outline how they will provide additionality to existing services including the Ways to Work and Households into Work Programmes.
WANT TO APPLY?
Applications are open from 13th November 2023 and deadline for submission is 5pm on 12th January 2024
They will also run 2 online, Q&A sessions which will provide the opportunity for those looking to submit an application to ask questions in an open forum. Following these they will update their FAQs docs.
The dates for these are:
- Monday 11th December, 12-1pm, on Teams
- Wednesday 13th December, 10-11am, on Teams
If you would like to attend either of these sessions, please email UKSPF@liverpoolcityregion-ca.gov.uk for a link to join the session,
You can download the application from the LCRCA website:
Applications will need to be returned to the LCRCA via email on UKSPF@liverpoolcityregion-ca.gov.uk in advance of the application deadline which is 5pm on 12/01/2024