We’re on countdown now for our first Volunteer Awards ceremony since 2017. We’re calling everyone to come forward to nominate the people of Halton and St Helens who you know give so much of their time and life in supporting causes, people and their environment.
There are 5 categories for you to nominate under:
- Individual Volunteer Award - Open to all volunteers over 25 who give their time freely in order to make a positive difference in Halton or St Helens. Aims to recognise a volunteer who embodies the true spirit of volunteering, either through volunteering for a number of groups or through actively encouraging others to be involved. It can also be someone whose length of volunteer service deserves to be recognised.
- Young Volunteer Award - This award is for individuals aged 26 and under who have made a positive impact on their community through volunteering. Perhaps they’ve been involved in a volunteering project by taking a leadership role or by expanding / developing the project. Whatever they’ve been involved in; this award recognises their passion, motivation and commitment.
- Personal Achievement Volunteer Award - Individuals who have developed personally through volunteering and / or may have overcome personal / practical difficulties in order to volunteer.
- Trustee / Committee Member Award - Individuals who have developed personally through volunteering and / or may have overcome personal / practical difficulties in order to volunteer.
- Team Volunteering Award - Too hard to nominate just one volunteer? Then why not nominate your whole team of volunteers!
This is your chance to really show us how fantastic the person, group or organisation is! We need you to tell us why you think the individual, group or organisation you are nominating should receive this award. We encourage inspirational and emotive comments. The judges will make their decision on the information you provide. Please note that if successful, the words could be used at the awards ceremony.
Every nominee will receive a certificate and an invitation to attend the Awards evening with a guest of their choice if they wish. Team nominations will receive one certificate with a list of all the names of volunteers nominated and up to 5 members of the team will represent the group on the evening.
You can download the nomination form and guidance to nominate that special individual, group or organisation that has made a difference to your life or to the lives of others by volunteering. Please ensure you have read the nomination guidelines before completing this form. If you would prefer to submit your application you can complete it here. Please note that a nomination form cannot be saved part way through and so needs to completed in one sitting. You can copy and paste from another document.
Please note that all sections of the nomination form must be fully completed. We are unable to process incomplete nominations.
If you would prefer to use a printed version please email email@example.com
Send us your nominations by
- email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post – Volunteer Awards 2023,Freepost RTXS-URZU-YLXC, Halton & St Helens VCA, Beacon Building, College Street, St Helens. WA10 1TF
- Online submission
This year to make the process easier for you, there is just a general nomination form separated by groups and individuals we will sort the nominations into their respective categories.
2023 AWARDS RULES
1. Nominations must be received by Midday on Monday 16th October 2023
2. Individual awards cannot be nominated by a partner, family member or themselves.
3. Permission must be sought from the person or group of volunteers to be nominated.
4. The application must reflect the positive difference the volunteer or, organisation nominated has made to the wider community or individuals and groups within that community. Please explain the exceptional commitment they have made, perhaps they have overcome hardship to take on voluntary work. Include all the different areas of work they undertake within the organisation or community.
5 The judges’ decision on entries is final. Shortlisted nominees maybe be placed into different categories.
6. Winners will be announced on the night of the awards ceremony.
7. In addition there will also be Special Achievement Award.
8. The judges reserve the right not to make an award in any particular category if they feel that nominations are not suitable.
9. Please ensure we have all of the nominees contact details and the application is completed in full.
Consent must be given by the nominee prior to sharing their details with Halton and St Helens VCA.
All information will be processed in line with the Data Protection Act and UK GDPR.
For further information about how Halton and St Helens VCA process data please contact email@example.com