We work to deliver advice to solve individual problems, provide education to empower clients to help themselves in the future and undertake research and campaigns to solve collective problems. We create value through everything we do and the way that we do it. This benefits everyone. We do this through our services of specialist and holistic advice, education and campaigning as well as raising client’s aspirations to enter the workplace. There is also an additional benefit through the way these are delivered, this includes the value of working with volunteers, our support for local communities, and our broader benefit to society.
Clients can access our service face to face, by telephone and via email. Some clients are empowered to solve problems by themselves; those requiring more support receive specialist casework. In order to prevent problems re-emerging, we also run educational services such as financial capability or energy efficiency training in collaboration with local partners.
Current services provided include
• Welfare Benefits Service – provide support with all aspects of claiming welfare benefits and challenging adverse decisions
• Debt Advice Service – a partnership within the Liverpool City Region to provide comprehensive debt advice
• Information and Advice Service – a project working in partnership with the St Helens Third Sector Consortium to help enable individuals to make informed choices about their health and social care.
• Better Off Finance – working with the Women’s Organisation and other partners in the Liverpool City region that aims to support people facing challenges in accessing employment, by developing their financial capability and resilience
• Generalist service – provides general advice on a range of issues including housing matters, consumer matters, personal, family and relationship.
• Help to Claim service – a national service funded by the DWP to provide advice, support and guidance to enable people to claim Universal Credit.
Citizens Advice St Helens Volunteer Open Day
Open day at the office for new volunteers.
Our office is holding an open day event on Thursday 8th June for anyone who is interested in volunteering with our service and would like to meet and find out about volunteer opportunities with us
Attendees will meet from 10.30 for refreshments with the opportunity to speak with staff and current volunteers and a tour of the office
You must register your interest if you would like to attend this event - you can do this by contacting our office on email@example.com or 01744 371527