Citizens Advice Halton (operating name of Halton Citizens Advice Bureau) is an independent charity that provides free, confidential and impartial advice and information to people on a wide range of issues. We are available to everyone, regardless of their background or circumstances, and we are funded primarily by donations and government grants.
Some of the main areas that Citizens Advice provides advice on include:
* Benefits: helping people to understand their entitlements to benefits and providing assistance with making claims and challenging decisions.
* Debt: providing advice on how to deal with debt problems and helping people to negotiate repayment plans with creditors.
* Housing: providing advice on housing issues, such as eviction, disrepair, and homelessness.
* Employment: providing advice on employment rights, such as discrimination, dismissal, and redundancy.
* Consumer rights: providing advice on consumer rights, such as faulty goods and services, and how to make complaints.
We also campaign for policy changes that benefit the wider community, based on the issues and experiences of people seeking advice. They work to improve the systems and services that affect people's lives, as well as to tackle social injustice and inequality.
Overall, our main goal is to empower people with the information and tools they need to make informed decisions and take positive steps towards improving their lives.
UNIT 3, Victoria Building, LUGSDALE ROAD Widnes, WA8 6DJ
Areas worked in
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,