The Merseyside Community Investment Fund aims to bring together businesses, organisations and individuals to address urgent social issues whilst making a modest financial commitment to collectively have a greater impact in the improvement of our communities.
The fund aims to support projects that may struggle to access funding from other sources. As funding for this programme is unrestricted grants awarded from this fund can be used to respond to local issues of concern to the community or pro-actively tackle an urgent social need. The panel is also keen to fund projects that fit in with the social themes identified in our recent Vital Signs report, which can be viewed at http://www.cfmerseyside.org.uk/knowledge/vital-signs-2016
How much is available: up to £1000 (or more in exceptional circumstances). The total budget available is £15k so the fund will be closed when an oversubscription ration of 3:1 has been received.
Which areas are covered: Knowsley, Liverpool, Sefton, St Helens, Wirral and Halton
Any special criteria: Download full criteria here
NB: Priority will be given to the following:
- Projects that target disadvantage and or deprivation
- Projects that encourage the community to take a pro-active approach to make a difference in their communities
- Ongoing activities rather than one off events
- Groups with small reserves as long as they are viable
- Innovative projects that would not be normally considered for funding by corporate driven criteria
The closing date is 26 March 2018 – this may be earlier depending on the number of applications received (as mentioned above)
Click here to apply