We have just received notification that the above event is no long on Thursday 22nd February but has been rearranged for Wednesday 28 February 09.30am for 10.00am start until 1pm apologies for any inconvenience.
NHS Cheshire & Merseyside Partnership (STP) are planning the next 3 sector meeting. It is planned that reps from regional planning in health will be present to support their understanding of the value of the third sector to the health outcomes detailed in the STP plans.
To help focus the event they will plan the agenda for a dragon’s den style event to demonstrate the value of the community and voluntary sector to health goals such as prevention, supporting and developing out of hospital care and mental health and wellbeing.
Can you please save the date in your diary - Wednesday 28 February 09.30am for 10.00am start until 1pm at Halton & St Helens VCA, St Maries, Lugsdale Road, Widnes, WA8 6DB
If you would like to present it will be 20 minutes maximum with some time for questions, focusing on
- Your work
- How you deliver on out of hospital care – what difference this makes to use of statutory health services
- How you support health prevention and self-care
- How you support people with long term conditions in relation to their mental health and wellbeing
(You don’t all need to cover each point but some ideas to help)
Let them know if any of you have an individual story / case study demonstrating the range of support and benefit third sector groups bring to an individual as discussed in the last meeting. If anyone has a volunteer or individual who can present the benefit the service brings that would complement it so well.
This format for the meeting is building on the main discussion points in the last meeting held in October 2017, summary below:
- There is a need to know how the changes in the NHS across Merseyside and Cheshire / NHS Cheshire and Merseyside will work with and value the role the third sector can play in delivering on the STP goals.
- What is the plan for developing engagement (as opposed to consultation) with people who use the services and the community and voluntary sector.
- A dragons den style event with representatives from overseeing the NHS changes at a Cheshire and Merseyside level to present and discuss the value the third sector brings to STP objectives
If you want to present at this event please contact Des firstname.lastname@example.org Paul Paul.Steele@sthelensccg.nhs.uk or Ruth Ruth.Austen-Vincent@mssociety.org.uk for more information.