Whether you are a small group running completely on volunteers or a larger organisation, finding the right kind of help with policies, procedures, your management committee or other ways of improving what you do and how you do it can be a minefield and you sometimes need a bit of a helping hand. Here at Halton and St Helens Voluntary and Community Action, we want to help you in the best way possible for you.
- If you know you need support in a particular area, say starting a group or how to get a committee together and just want to read through some information, please visit our FACTSHEETS page to see if there is something there that can be of help.
- If you are looking for some funding to support the work that you do, then have a quick search on the Merseyside Funding Information Portal (this link opens in a new tab).
- If you’re interested in Volunteering and want to find out more from one of our Volunteer Centres then have a browse through our Volunteering section here. We have a host of opportunities in the St Helens, Widnes and Runcorn areas.
- If you’re passionate about Health and Social Care and want to keep up to speed with what is happening then find out more about your Local Healthwatch - new websites to be launched soon for Halton and St Helens.
Halton & St Helens VCA is an infrastructure organisation that provides advice, information and development support services to voluntary, community, not-for-profit and faith organisations and volunteers in the Boroughs of St Helens and Halton. The organisation is an incorporated registered charity (charity number 1106001, company number 2539153) operational since 1932, and has bases in Tontine House, Church Street, St Helens Merseyside and in Sefton House, Runcorn, Cheshire. The organisation is affiliated to the National Association of Voluntary and Community Action (NAVCA) and undertakes five core functions:
Development - Identifying local need, working with others to develop appropriate action and working strategically to benefit the local voluntary and community sector.
Liaison - Helping to maintain links with a wide range of voluntary and community organisations and promoting cross sector relationships.
Representation - Enabling the local voluntary and community sector to present its views to statutory and public sector bodies through consultation, networking, fora, seminars and workshops etc.
Services - Funding information and advice, training, legal, financial, management and constitutional advice and information, meeting space, newsletters and mailings.
Strategic Partnership - Working with the Local Strategic Partnership (LSP), helping to develop the voluntary sector compact, participating in neighbourhood regeneration and working with other statutory bodies at a strategic level.
Halton and St Helens VCA is also affiliated to Volunteering England (VE) and undertakes to deliver a volunteer recruitment, placement and support service to residents of the St Helens and Halton as well as voluntary and community organisations seeking volunteers. The core functions are:
- Developing Volunteering
- Promoting Volunteering
- Brokerage (information and referral for voluntary opportunities)
- Enabling participation in volunteering
- Providing information, training and research into volunteering
- Commenting and campaigning on volunteering