Do you need help with your organisation’s accounts, or are the books and records in a mess? Perhaps you have just been appointed treasurer and don't know what to do…
If so, here's a valuable resource to help you. Through the ChangeUp programme in Merseyside there is now a team of accounts staff who can guide you through all these problems and more besides. One of the Community Accountants, Jane Williams, is based here at Halton & St Helens VCA in out St Helens office.
Jane has over 20 years of experience working within a finance setting, 12 years of that time within the community and voluntary sector providing support on financial, monitoring and evaluation systems and payroll support. Some of the groups Jane has experience of working with include a community nursery, community transport, educational projects and youth groups.
Listed below are just some of the areas in which Jane can provide the vital assistance you need:
- Preparation of Annual Accounts, complying with all the latest requirements
- Technical knowledge and advice
- Liaison with Independent Examiners & Auditors or, if you do not already have one, acting as Independent Examiner for you
- Helping you to set up your book-keeping system
- Basic Book-Keeping and Accounts training & support
- Training for treasurers, trustees, volunteers and staff
- Drawing up budgets and reporting on performance
- Introduction to IT accounting packages
- Payroll service calculation, administration & compliance
- Advice on VAT including calculation / schemes as necessary
- Advice and administration on all aspects of Charity taxation
Many of these services can be provided at a nominal cost but, most importantly, you will have access to a team of people with specialist knowledge of finance and accounts in the voluntary sector. Already our services have helped groups to overcome financial problems, provide the information necessary to obtain funding and to manage themselves more effectively. Your group could also benefit.
If you would like to discuss how we can help, please contact Jane Williams on 01744 457102.
We also run a Finance Workers Forum, for more information please see here: http://www.haltonsthelensvca.org.uk/finance-workers-forum
|Flyer||Size & download time (56k modem)|
|General Community Accountancy Flyer (PDF)||40kb (5 seconds)|
|Twenty Questions (PDF)||22kb (3 seconds)|
|Payroll Service (PDF)||43kb (5 seconds)|