Volunteer Centre St Helens
The Volunteer Centre St Helens is located in Tontine House along with Halton and St Helens VCA. The Volunteer Centre can assist people to work out what volunteering they want to do and point them in the direction of suitable organisations and opportunities.
- Help in assessing individuals needs, interests, skills and experience, to match them to a suitable organisation
- Help in identifying any training needs for individuals and groups
- General support for volunteers
- Advice on volunteering issues
- Gain work experience
- Make new friends
- Re-think a career plan
- Train and get qualifications
- Have new experiences
- Develop new skills
- Explore a new career
- Improve confidence and self esteem
- Everyone has the right to volunteer and we encourage people from all sections of the community to find out more.
- Support a young person
- Raise funds for a group
- Rehabilitate a stroke patient
- Help a child with their homework
- Improve the local environment
- Make someones life better
- And many more!
Information and advice can be given over the phone and through the post and you are welcome to come in and visit us to discuss your options in a private and confidential setting.
Jude Burrows, Supported Volunteer Project
Lorraine Knowelden, Opportunities Team