Halton & St Helens Voluntary and Community Action is a membership organisation. We were established by local voluntary and community groups and continue to be run by them. Our members all have an important role to play in determining what Halton & St Helens VCA does and is. Members elect a Board of Trustees to run Halton & St Helens VCA on their behalf, and Halton & St Helens VCA is accountable to its members.
We value our members, they represent a wide range of organisations, communities and interests in the voluntary, community and faith sector. Our members give us credibility and they act as our reference when developing activities, events and services.
Joining the VCA also helps us to create a strong and effective VCS network for the Borough. Becoming a member of Halton & St Helens VCA, means that you are sharing support for the VCA and an interest in its work. It also means your organisation will be able to vote at Annual General Meetings, influence our work and express your views on our progress.
As a member of VCA you will a number of receive benefits. These include (subject to change):
- Included in our Searchable Online Directory
- Free financial health check provided through the Community Accountancy Service
- Free publicity for your events and news on our website and included in our ebulletin
- Access to our Volunteer Centres
- Free access to GRIPP and support after your report is issued
- Regular up to date information on current news, issues and events.
- Access to STAR Standard information
- *Access to our Forums/Networks
Halton & St Helens VCA provides a range of other services to local voluntary, community, faith and voluntary sports organisations.
If you are not currently a member of Halton & St Helens VCA click here to register online for VCA Membership
The Forums/Networks we currently run are:
- St Helens Children and Young People’s Voluntary, Community, Faith and Sports Sector Forum
- Halton Children and Young People’s Voluntary Sector Forum (CYPVSF)
- Safer Future Communities Network for Cheshire
- Finance Workers Forum
- Halton Volunteers Coordinators Forum
Constitution/Set of Rules
To join the VCA as a member, you must be a constituted organisation, which has a constitution, a set of rules or a mission statement etc.
You will need to attach this document to this membership application. You will not be able to complete the application process without one of these documents.
Want to Join?
The link below will take you to our online membership form: